When talking about efficiency in translation projects, the technology in project management systems and translation tools is an important ally to professional companies in the sector. There are a few translation management systems on the market now. Some of them are very flexible and scalable, such as Plunet BusinessManager. These platforms combine a wide range of functionalities that permeate the project from start to finish and bring real benefits, both to the team working on it and to the final client. We list the main ones below:
- Formulating quotes: when a request for a quote arrives to the Commercial team, it is immediately forwarded to the Technical Department team through the project management system, so that a detailed analysis is carried out to determine the word count in the content to be translated and the hours needed to perform the work. Within this system, there is an area where price lists for all language pairs are stored. After carrying out the technical analysis and the selection of language pairs, the software will calculate the quote and send back the commercial proposal to be then sent to the client for approval.
- Centralizing information: the management system allows all project information, such as files, instructions, delivery deadline and history of past jobs to be stored, neatly organized, in one single place. This brings a huge benefit to the Project Manager, who will have all the information to hand whenever needed, and to translators and revisers, who will receive project instructions in an organized manner. Thus, everybody can perform their jobs in a structured way.
- Registering client profiles: from the first contact, Commercial and Project Management teams create a client profile in the management system. This document records the client’s preferences, how he prefers to receive the files, as well as other information that enable servicing the client always according to his preferences.
- Workflow: all project phases are recorded in the management system, facilitating the Project Manager’s job. This functionality enables him to have all activities mapped, in the sequence they should happen, and with pre-defined delivery deadlines.
- Real-time management: the Project Manager can monitor the evolution of projects in real time, through specific translation tools, even when translators and revisers are still working on them. This ensures that deadlines agreed with clients are met and that there is no dissatisfaction due to delays.
Even when technology is used to assist in control and organization, it’s important to remember that no management system replaces the work of a skilled Project Manager, since this is the professional who will fill in all the information in a precise manner and will monitor whether all activities are being performed so that the workflow is carried out correctly.
Therefore, when hiring a translation partner, seek to know if this type of care will be taken when your project is carried out. Remember: the use of project management software and translation tools, as well as the monitoring by a good Project Manager, are key factors to guarantee the quality of the final product!
Born in 2000, Netwire is a market leader in Latin America and performs translations into any language. With offices in Brazil and Argentina, the company serves around 25 market segments and has a network with hundreds of approved native translators living in many parts of the world. In the last five years alone Netwire has processed more than 110 million words, delivering an average of 400 projects a month.