Seamless business and language management for professional language service providers and corporate language departments.
The next technological milestone has been set in the alliance between SDL Language Technologies and Plunet GmbH, originally established in 2009. Following intensive development work and a close joint coordination process, Plunet offers broad integration between Plunet BusinessManager and SDL Trados Studio (2009 and 2011 versions).
SDL Trados Studio 2011 is the market-leading translation software. It offers a high-performance and flexible solution for all translation tasks, including project creation, editing and review.
Plunet BusinessManager is the world’s leading business and translation management system. It is used by translation companies to plan, manage and control business processes.
With the new integration, the two industry solutions can work together efficiently with a high level of automation. Translation agencies and corporate language departments can now link together most of their production and business processes and control them from Plunet BusinessManager. Project managers can now benefit from comprehensive business and translation management workflows, which streamline many manual processes and eliminate the need to constantly jump back and forth between the two systems. The basic functions of the SDL Trados Studio and Plunet BusinessManager integration include:
- SDL Trados Studio workflows and project templates can be created, edited and used directly in Plunet BusinessManager.
- Automated pre-translations, analysis, and direct output of detailed calculations of multilingual quotes, orders, and employee/subcontractor jobs
- Automation of the creation, assignment, and delivery of employee/subcontractor jobs
- Automated updating of SDL Trados Studio projects, target generation and translation memory updates directly from Plunet
- Online workflows (using SDL GroupShare technolgogy) and offline workflows (file-based translation memories, terminology from project templates) are supported.
The high level of automation in the SDL Trados Studio / Plunet BusinessManager integration results in a noticeable reduction in project manager workloads, fewer errors, time savings, reduced costs and increased productivity. At the same time, the integrated solution gives everyone who is responsible for translation projects the ability to monitor and take action within these projects. As a result, project workflows are smooth and efficient at all times.
Join the online premiere of the SDL Trados Studio and Plunet Integration! Webinar:
April 25, 3pm (London) 4pm (Berlin), 10am (New York) Register here: http://tinyurl.com/SDL-Trados-Studio-and-Plunet