2013-06-24, Berlin – Plunet has released version 5.5 of its business and translation management software Plunet BusinessManager. The new version offers major function enhancements and implements numerous suggestions from customers. Countless functionalities have been optimized, and completely new features have been added. Plunet BusinessManager 5.5 helps to manage the quality of translation projects more efficiently than ever before, increasing process reliability, transparency, and the degree of automation throughout the entire project management process.
The most important innovations at a glance:
- Project linking: Projects can be linked together in order to reflect relationships between projects. This new time-saving function is especially useful when current and previous projects are related to each other in terms of their content or function. Quotes and orders that are related to each other can be linked together easily with a click of the mouse and then opened at any time.
- Project roles: Successful project management always requires clear and transparent assignment of roles to team members. Plunet 5.5 therefore now allows project roles to be defined with any desired names and clearly and uniquely assigned to team members. Once teams have been established, customer-specific quotes and orders can also be automatically assigned to them. In addition, project roles can be systematically changed within projects.
- Cost center workflow: Extensive new settings options enhance cost center-related workflows, so that Plunet can be customized further to meet the needs of translation departments of enterprises and institutions. Cost centers and specific contact persons can now be assigned to any item appearing on quotes, orders and invoices. This ensures greater process reliability and smooth integration of the in-house accounting process, even in complex IT landscapes like those found in government organizations, NGOs and large manufacturing companies and service providers.
- CAT integrations: Comprehensive workflow improvements have also been implemented in the dynamic CAT interfaces. For example, projects that have been imported from SDL Trados Studio can now be named as desired at the quote and order level, and SDL project packages can be unpacked and processed directly. In addition, the number of fuzzy match values has been increased to 20 in AcrossConnector. This allows word matches and translations to be fine-tuned so that project managers have more powerful monitoring and intervention options.
- EN 15038 conformity verification and Plunet QualityManager: Orders can now be checked for conformity with European quality standard EN 15038 using the optional Plunet QualityManager module. Based on the four-eyes principle, Plunet 5.5 provides full oversight of all EN 15038 process requirements that apply to in-house operations and outside service providers. In addition, it is now easy to define whether this standard applies to specific individual jobs. The feedback functionality has been enhanced by allowing resources to evaluate other preceeding tasks in a workflow chain.
What other new features are available?
- Reports of hours worked can be enhanced, and search results can be grouped according to projects.
- Greater process reliability through the display of customer-specific price and invoice memos and simplified billing.
- Simplified user management in the preparation of commission statements.
- The linking of automated commission statements can be controlled via the item status. Properties can be limited to one value per feature.
- Automated e-mail sending, even to indirect customers.
- Additional quantity rounding for units like hours, pages, days, etc. can be set manually.
- The trustworthiness of file formats can be specified by means of a white list.
- All of the numerous reports can now be modified individually and comprehensively to ensure optimal appearance in all screen formats and resolutions.
And much more…