At Plunet, we are constantly working on optimizing our business and translation management software. We help translation agencies and internal translation departments at institutions and business enterprises to make their workflows as efficient as possible. And sometimes it is necessary to revise our own processes, in order to ensure that we can maintain our high standards. To this end, we have restructured our release cycles. Our goal: More flexibility and quicker solutions for our customers.
Instead of daily updates and annual major releases, there will be three types of Plunet release, each following a certain method of numbering.
- A Major Release will contain new features and significant changes made to existing functionalities. All of the minor adjustments made in the previous Minor and Patch Releases will also be brought together in the Major Release. There will also be updates for seamless integrations of third-party systems. A Major Release is defined by the first digit of the version number – currently Plunet 8.0 – the next releases will be Plunet 9.x and Plunet 10.x. The Major Release takes place once a year.
- A Minor Release contains several smaller bugfixes and new functionalities that can be developed quickly. The Minor Release is defined by the second digit of the version number: 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, etc. The release takes place once a month on a fixed date.
- A Patch Release consists exclusively of urgent bugfixes. The release is made available as soon as a fix has been found for a bug. The Patch Release is defined by the third digit of the version number: 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 8.2.1, etc. The patches are implemented as soon as the bug has been fixed.
How will Plunet customers benefit from these changes?
You will be able to access modifications to existing functions and new functions that are important for your daily work much more quickly than before. In this way, you will directly and continuously benefit from the improvements and further developments that are made to your management system. This means that you can react more flexibly to the changing requirements of your own customers and achieve a higher level of efficiency in your translation management projects with Plunet.
How do I get access to the individual releases?
- You can install Patch Releases and Minor Releases in your own Plunet system under Admin | Settings | System settings.
- Major Releases are available via a Support upgrade.